Take a deep dive into Mindful UX with this hand-curated series of 10 time-tested articles and videos from around the web. We’ll guide you through, one link per day, in the app or in your inbox.
UX design is a craft that isn't always well implemented. Some products don't respect their users' mental health, or their users' privacy. They aren't robust enough to prevent stalking. They require a heavy cognitive load, or they're visually cluttered. They fight for users' attention instead of nurturing it. Mindful UX recenters UX so that it serves users and respects their mental state.
Clo S. is an independent UX designer, UX researcher and conversational designer. She founded This Too Shall Grow, a one-person UX studio with which she focuses on mindful UX: consulting for and crafting experiences that respect users' mental health and privacy. She is a trained mental health first aider. Through her articles, she also aims at empowering readers, improving their tech awareness and agency.
- Stop calling these Dark Design Patterns or Dark UX —… and 9 other articles
- Average reading time: 8 minutes
- Topics covered: mindfulness, metrics, product management, kpi, attention economy
- From sites like UX Collective, Nielsen Norman Group, and more
- You want to learn something new and are looking for a good, compact introduction.
- You want to sharpen your skills on something you got into recently.
- You want to catch up on a topic that has been in the news lately.
How does it work?
Deep Dives are carefully hand-curated series of time-tested articles and videos from around the web.
We’ll guide you through, one link per day, in the app or in your inbox.
Deep Dives come in bites that are short enough to fit in your day...
...but add up to a satisfying learning experience.